For the past few days, Annie has developed a small cold. Thinking these symptoms were all related to her teething, we simply went along with our days giving her Tylenol, more sleep, and anything else to make her happy and comfortable. Eventually, things started getting worse and this week she began to develop a fever. During the first hour of church today, she was feeling extra warm. We rushed her home after Sacrament Meeting and found she had a temperature of 100.6 degrees. We immediately took her to Urgent Care and they tested her for RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus). I was shocked to find out that her test came back positive.
My thoughts immediately went to my baby cousin who had a near death experience with RSV. That's when I lost it. I have been doing everything I can to make this apartment as clean as possible and make sure everyone who is around Annie is healthy and not carrying anything that may be contagious. What did I do wrong? Where did she get this virus from? Why Annie? Why not me? Let's just say, I was filled with a lot of emotions.
The hardest part about all of this is the fact that I have to let Annie's body fight this off. I am switching off giving her Tylenol and Ibuprofen every 3-4 hours to help reduce the fever and pain, but other then that, it's up to Annie's little body. I feel helpless! Annie just stares at me and whines because she is uncomfortable and in pain and I can't do much of anything but hold her and say a million prayers.
On a more positive note, this evening she received a beautiful blessing from her dad and our Elder's Quorum President. I cannot be more grateful for the Priesthood right now. It gives me faith to know that this is in the Lord's hands. Whatever happens has a purpose. I know Annie will pull through this and return to her healthy, happy self. Like the doctor said, "She's a tough girl!" I know that as long as I have faith, everything will work out as needed.
Thanks for all of the love and prayers. I feel so grateful to have supportive family and friends who care so much. We love you all and we will be keeping you updated. As for now, Annie is asleep, so I better get some sleep as well, while I can.
11 comments:
Oh poor annie! I love her so much and you all our in our prayers!
She is in our prayers. We are thinking of Annie minute by minute. You are a great mom, Nicole. Annie is lucky to have you!
Poor Annie! She is in our prayers. Loving on her is the best medicine she can get.
Poor girl, that makes me so sad. We will certainly keep the three of you in our thoughts and prayers. Miss you.
she's in our prayers! stay strong.
Aww..I'm so sorry she's so sick! I hope she gets better really soon! She'll be in our prayers as well.
Oh no! That makes me so sad to hear this! I hope she pulls through quickly, we'll be praying for ya! I hope you are hanging in there too, having a sick baby is often harder on the mama. And you didn't do anything wrong (although I think that sometimes too), who knows how our little ones catch these things. Thank goodness for the priesthood though to help us all get through it!
Amen, to everything Jenny said. You are a wonderful mama and she didn't get sick because of anything you did wrong. I hope she starts feeling better soon. If you need anything, just let me know.
I'm so sorry! That is horrible! Annie is in our prayers. Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help out!
Oh, poor little Annie. I hope she pulls through quickly. It is such a blessing to have the priesthood in our lives. Don't think too much about it being your fault - who knows where our little ones pick up some of the bugs/germs that they do! She'll be in our prayers. You all hang in there - I know it can be just as tough on the parents when the babies are sick too!
Oh Nicole, I'm so sorry. How scary. I hope she's feeling better now. That can be a scary thing. I hate it when little babies get sick!! There is nothing more sad. Also, you didn't do anything wrong. Sounds like you're doing everything right! :) Love you
Post a Comment